The current drive to institutionalize the concept of corporate governance through the public and private sector is commendable, however since the concept is global there is a need to expose key players to the international practice.
This 5 days programme which indeed has global perspective, is put together to address holistic issues in corporate governance, its challenges and the way forward.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
- At the end of the course participants will be able to explain the concept of corporate governance.
- Enumerate – The principles and control of corporate governance.
- Discuss the corporate governance imperative.
- Identify the problems and challenges of good governance.
- Develop the ideal solution model.
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ISSUES AND CONCEPTS
- Introduction to corporate governance
- The board of directors structure and operations
- Code of best practice and norms of behaviour
- Executive and non – executive compensation and incentives
- Financial supervision, control, auditing and disclosure
- The role of financial institution in corporate governance
- Risk management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Corporate and system improvement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
- Target Audience – Executive, CEO’s, Directors, Legislators, Council Members, Government Officials, Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Directors.